Friday, January 29, 2010

ask a geneticist

There are many new and interesting facts I learned reading the links about chromosomes. One of the facts I learned was chimps and human are 98%the same. That shocks me because you would never think human and chimps are so alike. Also, on this topic I learned that chimps and humans started out with the same amount of chromosomes. Then, the two species drifted apart in evolution. My next fact I learned is the only difference between chimps and humans is when, how much and what part of the body proteins are made. This is not a big difference. After I figured all this out, than I went on brainpop. I learned there are two types of cells: prokaryotic and eukaryotic. The prokaryotic has no membrane and can live on it's own. Also, eukaryotic cells has everything like a nucleus and we are made up of these kind of cells. My last fact I learned was mutation is corrected by DNA repair. Looking on these two websites, I learned many different facts on genetics.

No comments: